Monday, May 14, 2012

Happy Mothers Day

(via frank skitzski)

My mother circa 1955, always a women of style. Her ability to look stunning no matter what is lost on me. I struggle to pull an all black outfit together. I am getting better and worse with age. Now I rely on an almost all black work wardrobe. My black Banana Republic is more of a union form. It always works and makes me feel pulled together even when I am not.




(via frank skitzski)

I may be all about black but truth be told color makes me happy. Over done lush gardens, ornate jewelry all my mother"s influence. Her philosophy .....more is more. From jewelry to flowers more is more. I may not wear it but I can appreciate it, all thanks to my Mom.

My strongest memories of my mother are of her in the garden and coming home from work late in the evening. Yep it's true she was a working mother with six children at home to worry about. I like to say she was a working mother & my dad a stay at home dad before it was a thing. They made it cool. Still I wanted a Mom that was around and I longed for her to be the cookie baking type that hovered over us, helped us with homework. I just didn't have the perspective yet to understand that if she could choose she would have chosen to be with us more. She made the best of her situation and she was a hard working Mom who loves shoes & jewelry almost as much as her children. Thanks Mom for being fabulous in every way.


( via frank skitzski)


(via harold davis)

One has to admit she really knows how to strike a pose.
Pictured here on her Honey Moon, Niagra Falls.


1 comment: